Soundtracks in movies
Hello everyone!
Today I'm going to talk about soundtracks in movies.
For talking about this topic I have chosen as an example the sountrack of the movie "Requiem for a dream" a movie directed by Darren Aronofsky, you can listen to the complete sountrack of this movie in this spotify playlist (click here to listen)
I have chosen this movie because I find that it perfectly shows the harshness of the reality that the movie portrays.
This theme is so memorable because of its energy and potential, it shows despair, fear and emotions by using a progression of chords and the sounds of violins in a way that makes you get goosebumps. And I certainly think that's why so many trailers have used this track.
The director of the movie and the composer of the song both were very surprised with the succes of Lux Ataerna.
Requiem for a Dream was an alternative low budget movie and that the leimotiv of this movie became part of film history all of a sudden was rather a surprise for them, but this shows how good this song is for portraying emotions.
For talking about music in movies we have to talk about temp music.
Temp music is an existing piece of music or audio which is used during the editing phase of film production, serving as a guideline for the scene. The track is usually replaced before release by the movie soundtrack composed specifically for the film. But sometimes, the original soundtrack of the film gets very similar to the temp track, an example of this can me seen in the Tim Burton's Batman movie inspired by the soundtrack of the movie Cyrano de Bergerac you can listen to the song here.
I also have asked some of my family what their favourite soundtracks were.
My mother's was Mamma Mía soundtrack, especially the song Dancing queen.
My sister's favourite is the cantina song from Star wars.
And...That's all for today!
Have a happy summer.
Today I'm going to talk about soundtracks in movies.
For talking about this topic I have chosen as an example the sountrack of the movie "Requiem for a dream" a movie directed by Darren Aronofsky, you can listen to the complete sountrack of this movie in this spotify playlist (click here to listen)
I have chosen this movie because I find that it perfectly shows the harshness of the reality that the movie portrays.
The movie's theme Lux Ataerna is a very known song that certainly everyone has heard at least once. This song was composed by Clint Mansell specifically for the movie but it has not only been used in thes movie, it has been the soundtrack of many movie trailers as in The Da Vinci Code and in the movie Sunshine, and it also has been part of many social media "emotional" videos.
This theme is so memorable because of its energy and potential, it shows despair, fear and emotions by using a progression of chords and the sounds of violins in a way that makes you get goosebumps. And I certainly think that's why so many trailers have used this track.
The director of the movie and the composer of the song both were very surprised with the succes of Lux Ataerna.
Requiem for a Dream was an alternative low budget movie and that the leimotiv of this movie became part of film history all of a sudden was rather a surprise for them, but this shows how good this song is for portraying emotions.
For talking about music in movies we have to talk about temp music.
Temp music is an existing piece of music or audio which is used during the editing phase of film production, serving as a guideline for the scene. The track is usually replaced before release by the movie soundtrack composed specifically for the film. But sometimes, the original soundtrack of the film gets very similar to the temp track, an example of this can me seen in the Tim Burton's Batman movie inspired by the soundtrack of the movie Cyrano de Bergerac you can listen to the song here.
My mother's was Mamma Mía soundtrack, especially the song Dancing queen.
My sister's favourite is the cantina song from Star wars.
And...That's all for today!
Have a happy summer.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario